Healthcare cybersecurity specialists LRQA Nettitude help health sector organisations across the world keep their patient data, along with clinical research and critical infrastructure, safe and secure from hackers.
Healthcare In Cybersecurity
LRQA Nettitude has been a trusted cybersecurity healthcare partner of choice since 2003. It prides itself on working with an extensive list of private and public organisations in the sector. With its deep understanding and experience delivering info-security best practice within the healthcare industry, you can be sure that LRQA Nettitude will place your organisation’s valuable assets such as Protected Health Information (PHI) and patient records, Intellectual Property (IP), and research at the centre of its care.
LRQA Nettitude can help with your HIPAA data compliance needs. HIPAA or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act legislates data privacy and security requirements for protecting medical data and information.
Talk To LRQA Nettitude’s Security Experts About Healthcare Information Security Compliance
Critical Cybersecurity Challenges In Healthcare
1. Inside Threat From Employees
A lack of employee security awareness could lead to a breach despite the presence of a hardened network perimeter.
- Spear phishing – educate your employees on spear phishing campaigns – where the goal is to get your unsuspecting staff to click on malicious attachments within an email.
- Ransomware & malware – create a policy that does not permit mobile devices to connect to the organisation’s Wi-Fi or hardware.
Such risks can lead to the introduction of ransomware, and malware which may collect user credentials or even expose a network to an attacker.
2. Data Classification Management
Targeted cyber-attacks are very challenging to identify and stop. However, if your data is correctly managed, reducing and limiting the breach is possible.
Reduce breach exposure – when hackers successfully breach an organisation, they often target the Protected Health Information (PHI) it owns. Whether or not they will reach their objective data usually depends on how classified the information is and the level of its accessibility to users.
Understand data – an organisation that understands the ‘where and how and why’ of its sensitive data cycle will be more equipped to protect itself against a security breach.
3. Defending The Network
Protect your organisation by adopting a multi-layered approach to security in healthcare.
Defence in depth – each layer of security defence protects the organisation and slows down would-be attackers, often resulting in some hackers moving on to easier targets to breach.
Firewalls alone are not enough – an updated and well-configured firewall security system will prevent simple attacks, but the more sophisticated attacks will penetrate the network. Employees may also introduce security dangers from inside the company, something which most firewalls will not be able to prevent
Added security techniques to adopt – regular employee security awareness training, as well as encrypting data such as PHI databases and applications.
Encryption – by adding encryption, you could prevent a hacker, which may have already gained some level of access to the network, from gaining access to further data.
LRQA Nettitude Can Help Your Healthcare Organisation Become Cyber Secure
Explore our related cyber services for healthcare sector clients.
- Cybersecurity strategy & planning – create a board-level InfoSec strategy & plan
- ISO27001 – address requirements for an information security management system
- Security audit – analyse your IT infrastructure, exposing weaknesses & high-risk practices
- Managed security – outsource your network security services to cybersecurity experts
- Managed detection & response – improve your ability to detect & respond to threats
- Red teaming – goal-oriented penetration testing
- Social engineering – exploit human weaknesses found in the organisation
- Penetration testing – evaluate the security of your system(s)
- Web application testing – assess applications for potential bugs before going live
- Incident response – address & manage the aftermath of a security breach or attack
- Security training – deliver security awareness training for key business stakeholders such as employees
Why Partner With Cybersecurity Firm LRQA Nettitude?
Mitigate Cyber Risk
LRQA Nettitude helps its clients to stay one step ahead of cybercriminals, giving a first-line cyber defense and response to all types of incident, and resilience to stand up to cyber-attacks. It also encourages intelligence sharing amongst the finance industry, and sophisticated testing to mitigate an organisations risk of a breach or an attack at every level.
LRQA Nettitude’s Cyber Credentials
As a trusted member of CREST and one of the world’s first accredited CBEST testing and intelligence partners for the Bank of England, you can be sure that you are in the most capable hands.
Research & Development
Through its research and development (R&D) as well as active client work, LRQA Nettitude’s dedicated R&D team analyses and studies threat actor behaviour, gaining greater insight into the specific threat landscape within the financial sector. It regularly shares its latest findings in PERCEPTION, LRQA Nettitude’s quarterly report of cyber activity within the financial industry across the world. Its’ researchers also release financial whitepapers on the effects of cyber relating to the finance industry through topics such as Bitcoin and SWIFT. You can also access LRQA Nettitude’s latest Zero-day discoveries through LRQA Nettitude Labs and subscribe to receive LRQA Nettitude’s most recent findings as they are publically released.
Get a free quote