What are ASV services?
ASV services are vulnerability scanning services performed by a vendor which has been approved to conduct vulnerability scans in line with PCI DSS requirements. Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) requirement 11.2 mandates organizations to:
- Run internal and external network vulnerability scans at least quarterly and after any significant change in the network
- Ensure quarterly external scans are performed by an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV)
LRQA Nettitude is a certified Payment Card Industry (PCI) Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV).
Do You Need An ASV Scan?
Vulnerabilities in operating systems, applications and services across your Cardholder Data Environment (CDE) leave organizations and their customers’ data at risk. Vulnerability scanning is mandated by PCI DSS and should be part of a comprehensive risk management strategy.
About The Service
LRQA Nettitude’s managed ASV scanning takes the headache out of the ASV process. If LRQA Nettitude identify any issues within your internet-facing infrastructure our team provides guidance over the phone to help remediate the issues. LRQA Nettitude work as an extension of your security team to help you obtain and maintain PCI compliance.
One of the biggest concerns of any automated vulnerability assessment service is false positives. LRQA Nettitude manually validates all vulnerabilities to establish any false positives before the report is generated.
Why LRQA Nettitude For ASV Scanning?
There are many benefits to conducting ASV scans with LRQA Nettitude. We have the best qualified ASV professionals on hand to run with your project, using the best tools for the job. LRQA Nettitude also provides real-world remediation advice and guidance should a failed scan occur.
– LRQA Nettitude’s qualified ASV professionals manage and schedule all quarterly scans.
– LRQA Nettitude uses an array of tools & manual testing to meet the PCI SSC ASV program baseline requirements that go beyond services offered by purely automated tools.
– LRQA Nettitude manually validates all vulnerabilities, working with the client to establish any false positives before the report is generated.
– In cases of failing scans LRQA Nettitude provides real-world remediation advice and guidance to help customers achieve compliance.
– ASV Professionals
– PCI ASV Approved Scanning Vendor
– ISO 270001
What is PCI ASV?
PCI ASV refers to requirement 11.2.2 of the PCI DSS Requirements and Security Assessment Procedures that require quarterly external vulnerability scans, which must be performed (or attested to) by an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV).