Provides the board with greater visibility on cyber risk
Provides framework and guidance for ongoing improvement
Reducing the number of risks a business faces
Reducing the costs arising from these risks.
Do you want a job in cybersecurity but don’t know how to break into the industry? Tired of seeing ‘junior’ positions that require years of industry experience?
Each year we run an Accelerator Scheme which is designed for career changers, graduates and plenty more besides, who wish to get a head start in the cybersecurity industry. After months of intensive bespoke training, you’ll start to get involved in delivery and be on your way towards a long and fruitful career with LRQA Nettitude. This is a full-time office-based role which demands a lot from only the best, brightest and most motivated.
It is designed with offensive security in mind, although watch this space for a new Blue Team scheme that we’re working on!
You can download our Accelerator Scheme brochure to find out more about the schemes content.
Who Is This Designed For?
Our Accelerator Scheme is designed with the following in mind:
- Graduates, career changers, and anyone else who is looking to enter the offensive side of the cybersecurity industry. No professional penetration testing experience is required! We select individuals based on a number of data points that favour strong aptitude and a credible interest in the industry.
- Individuals who can demonstrate credible interest often have one or more of the following. This is not an exhaustive list, nor is every feature mandatory:
- have completed a degree, course or certification in something cybersecurity-related.
- write a blog related to cybersecurity
- can demonstrate motivation and self-development, perhaps through a home lab setup with vulnerable machines, having competed in CTFs, or similar
- belong to a security-focused group, e.g. at university, or in the wider industry (e.g. OWASP chapter participation, etc.)
- have attended or contributed to community conferences in some way
- contribute to software projects, potentially including their own small projects
- …and many other examples of credible interest!
How To Get Started With Your Application
As part of the application process there is a Capture the Flag (CTF) Challenge to complete, contact our recruitment team to find out if we are still hiring and for more information on how to get started.
We use the CTF to showcase your problem solving and hacking skills. To help with this, we have put together a series of theoretical and practical challenges. You will be provided details to access the CTF during the application process.
Whilst we encourage people to put their wits against all the challenges we have on offer, completion of all is not required to be considered for the program.
We will be reviewing candidates’ submissions weekly while positions are open and will contact those who are successful via e-mail to invite them in for one of our recruitment assessments.