CYBERSECURITY FOR RETAIL
Retail-based cybersecurity specialists Nettitude partner with the leading retailers and well-known brands, keeping their customer data safe while guiding them through GDPR and PCI.
30% Rise In Cybersecurity Attacks On Retailers
Based on recent research, we have found that cyber-attacks in the retail sector have increased by over 30 percent, indicating the ever-growing challenge faced by the industry.
Cybercrime Against Retailers
Targeting the customer data – The primary challenge retailers face comes from cybercriminals. Whether the offenders are malicious employees or organised crime groups, the central threat is around the theft of customer data which retailers hold in significant volumes.
Digital security breaches – Retailers also face added security risks and challenges from their digital platforms such as websites, apps, and payment devices like credit card terminals.
DDoS attacks – DDoS or Distributed Denial of Service attacks are a real security challenge for retailers. The hackers place the retailer at their mercy by targeting the organisation during peak trading. They look for weaknesses in the retailer’s infrastructure, such as websites, as well as physical disruption through lift systems.
How Will GDPR Affect The Security Practices Of Retailers?
In May 2018, GDPR or the Global Data Protection Regulation rules arrived Europe. This means that retailers, and indeed all industries, holding EU data now face:
million or 4% of annual turnover
regulator quickly after a breach
from systems if they request it
Addressing The Challenge Of Cybersecurity In Retail
PCI Compliance – If your organisation is accepting, processing, storing or transmitting credit card information, it must be conducted in a secure environment. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is in place to ensure that organisations are compliant. Nettitude is a PCI Council ASV, and QSA approved company. Contract the consultancy today to gain PCI compliance.
Security Technology – Ensure your organisation has the right processes and technology in place to mitigate an attack.
Threat Intelligence – Conduct active threat intelligence audits to predict when an attack is likely to happen.
Incident Response Planning – Make sure the company is ready to respond and know what their position is in the eventuality of an attack. Nettitude also assists organisations with responding to a breach as it happens.
Board-level Responsibility – It is vital that the organisation’s executive board play an active and supportive role in the company’s cybersecurity.
Security Awareness – Employees are critical in reducing the security risk within the organisation. Invest in a security awareness program with practical training for all staff.
Detection Response – Organisations are now investing in detecting a breach through state of the art dedicated security operations centers like Nettitude’s.
Cybersecurity Strategy – Cyber experts like Nettitude can help retail organisations both understand the cybersecurity risk they face and define their security strategy.
Nettitude Can Help Your Retail Organisation Become Cyber Secure
Explore our related cyber services for retail sector clients.
- Cybersecurity strategy & planning – create a board-level InfoSec strategy & plan
- ISO27001 – address requirements for an information security management system
- Security audit – analyse your IT infrastructure, exposing weaknesses & high-risk practices
- Managed security – outsource your network security services to cybersecurity experts
- Managed detection & response – improve your ability to detect & respond to threats
- Red teaming – goal-oriented penetration testing
- Social engineering – exploit human weaknesses found in the organisation
- Penetration testing – evaluate the security of your system(s)
- Web application testing – assess applications for potential bugs before going live
- Incident response – address & manage the aftermath of a security breach or attack
- Security training – deliver security awareness training for key business stakeholders such as employees
Get a free quote