SENIOR SOC ANALYST (USA)
Following on from years of success with our 24/7 European Security Operations Center, we are now focusing on the growth of our North American SOC. We are looking for an individual who is confident not only with the technical work required, but also with contributing to the SOC development strategy and other supporting activities.
WORKING AT NETTITUDE
We provide a wealth of cyber security services to top tier clients around the globe. As part of the blue team, you’ll have access to some of the world’s best talent, including our award winning red team. The red and blue teams at Nettitude form a special symbiotic relationship – the success of one team leads to the success of all.
Our employees are given close support and guidance. Career paths are long and flexible, giving individuals from all backgrounds the opportunity to develop and become the best version of themselves possible. External and internal training forms a key part of the support structure, along with positive working relationships, a strong working environment and fulfilling work content.
The role will entail the following activities on a regular basis:
- Research into latest attacks and subsequent implementation of viable Indicators of Compromise into SIEM tooling.
- Assist with daily threat hunts.
- Deliver monthly reports to customers.
- Manage the customer on boarding process.
- Manage and develop our SOC capability technically and commercially.
- Demonstrate the SOC’s capability to senior managers and explain the benefits to C-Suite executives.
- Guide, influence and provide thought leadership within managed monitoring logging services.
- First point of contact for inbound incident investigations.
- Work with the sales team and assist with pre sales calls and meetings.
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list and the successful candidate will be flexible and possess strong initiative.
The following experience and attributes are desirable:
- Five years or more working in a cyber security role, with a significant portion focused on defensive security.
- Familiarity with LogRhythm SIEM solution and IDS rules.
- An understanding of what different attacks look like and how to identify TTP’s within log data.
- Experience with and knowledge of threat intelligence, honeypots and third party TI feeds.
- Experience of offensive security, e.g. penetration testing.
- Knowledge and experience with proactive threat hunting techniques and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows & Linux.
- In-depth knowledge of firewalls & IDS/IPS.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Collaborative attitude and ability to co-ordinate with an international team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
While qualifications and certifications don’t make or break an application to us, we consider one or more of the following to be beneficial:
- A relevant university degree, e.g. Computer Science, Cyber Security, etc.
- An industry standard information security certification, e.g. CISSP, CISM, etc.
“Nettitude Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition, gender information, or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.”